ΕΠΙΚΑΙΡΟΤΗΤΑ

Salutation by the Mediterranean Lifesaving Confederation and the International Life Saving Federation of Europe



 Salutation by the Mediterranean Lifesaving Confederation

and the International Life Saving Federation of Europe


My dear friends, I am sorry I can’t be with you at the International Experts Symposium on Lifesaving as Olympic Sport. I would have loved to be in Athens in your company but my responsibilities at my federation in Spain, have made it impossible for me to travel to Greece. I believe that lifesaving poses important challenges that you will discuss in the following days. The reality of drowning, the contribution of our sport when it comes to saving lives and the possibility of being included in the Olympics are relevant topics which you will discuss, and certainly find satisfactory solutions to. At the start of May the Royal Lifesaving Spanish Federation celebrated in Castellon, an International Seminar about Drowning Prevention where we tackled some of these issues. In October of the following year, we will celebrate in Cordoba the fourth edition of the International Congress of Drowning Prevention (CIPREA). It is a great European event about drowning prevention. I invite you to participate with your knowledge and your presence. See you in Cordoba.

Isabel Garcia Sanz

Vice President, Mediterranean Lifesaving Confederation

Vice President, International Life Saving Federation of Europe